Wednesday, March 11, 2009

What I got

There are many things I'm looking forward to with the birth of my second child. Aspects of which I'm sure that I will express in excruciatingly sappy and endless detail over the next several months. But for now, I'd like to take a moment to give a shout out to my current situation and everything about it that I really really dig:

- The ability to run into the store for one or two things without having to get a cart
- Our spare bedroom
- It's only slightly painful to pay the daycare bill
- Getting 8 hours of sleep pretty much every night
- Being able to lock the kiddo in the bathroom with me with a couple of toys and take a shower
- My current level of stretch marks (seriously, God of Skin, you really did a little number on me with the first one, let's just call it good, k?)
- Being able to take my bra off at night
- Not getting awkward looks from my coworkers when I have to close my door to pump
- Setting food on the highchair tray and having my child feed himself and eating my dinner while it's still hot.
- Never using the phrase "This would sure be easier if we had a minivan"
- Not having 32 bottle pieces and pump parts to wash every night
- Being able to focus solely on my one little man, catering to his every whim, catching every little new thing he says and learns, being there for those moments when he wants to bury his head in my chest and murmur "I love you mommy"

No comments: