Thursday, June 25, 2009

Unnecessary

Sometimes I see a product and wonder how in the bloody hell it made it onto the market. Someone I follow on twitter discovered this product and (correctly) commented about how dirty it looks.

It's called KUSH.

First, the photographic evidence:What the hell is the point of this thing? I had no idea. As the CEO Cathinka Chandler (seriously) explains it: "Kush offer more natural rest for the breasts for a more comfortable sleep, it helps to prevent the appearance of cleavage lines and wrinkles."

Now, internets. I worry about many, many things. Will we save enough money to retire? Is my job stable? Am I a good mom? And I also worry about trivial things - Do people think our kitchen table looks cheap? Are we going to like the new paint in the babies room? But one thing I have never ever ever worried about is cleavage lines. Like, EVER. Don't get me wrong, I see them on ladies and don't think they are super cute. But I've never sat in Target and lamented about why! oh why, is there not a product that will not only help me with my breast support at night, but also prevent wrinkles in my cleavage??? Because, here's the thing - I could have SWORN there was already a product on the market that supported my boobs.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during the meeting with the bank to get that business loan.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL how hilariously unnecessary. If they actually get to sell these items I will give up on the world.

Parsing Nonsense said...

Dude, forget being the loan officer at that meeting, just think what it was like when that model showed up for work!

"Hi, we'd like you to wear a sheer, low-cut chemise and then put this between your boobs."

...

"Yeah, just close your eyes and look comfortable."

"But it's not."

"Look lady, we didn't hire you for your brains. Whip 'em out and shut your eyes."