Monday, December 8, 2008

Bellyness

When I got pregnant the first time with Finn, I was overweight. I'm 5'4" if I reaaalllly sit up straight when they measure me, and I was about 197 lbs when I found out I was pregnant. I'm a total "apple" - holding all my weight in the middle. It wasn't until I was about 6 months pregnant that strangers began commenting on my pregnancy, which leads me to believe that people just thought I was super fat until then. Somehow I didn't feel that big through my pregnancy - but when I look back at pictures, I cringe a little. I only gained 27 pounds, which is about perfect when you are *yikes* obese.

I don't know if it was the breastfeeding that did it, but somehow the weight just literally started falling off of me. I lost 40 lbs in the first 6 months - all the pregnancy weight and then a little more. Then, around Finn's first birthday, I decided to do a triathlon with a friend. It was an excuse to join a gym and start getting serious. I've lost another 20ish pounds since then, so I'm currently at a svelte 160. Of course, my BMI still says I'm that terrible "O" word, but I'm feeling pretty darn cute these days.

Unfortunately with all this weight loss, I'm left with a less than attractive hanging skin thing going on. Combined with the stretch marks, I'm not a huge fan of taking off my shirt these days. I know all those people say "oh, but come on, isn't it worth it"...well, i guess so, but can't I have a great kid and a decent after-pregnancy belly too?

Mike and I just had our ovulation sex-athon week.

Mike: Wow, you really know how to get me in the mood.
So now, I'm waiting to see what the outcome was. As I mentioned, we got pregnant SO FAST last time, I didn't even have time to look up information on ovulation, fertile periods, etc. I'm making up for it this time, I think I've looked at every conception calculator on the internet. Fingers crossed for getting pregnant quickly - I already feel totally obsessed with it.

No comments: