Monday, December 29, 2008

Year in Review

So I read this sweet blog called All & Sundry and I find the author totally fab. She posts her candid adventures almost daily. Today she asked that people fill out the year end survey. Here goes....
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?
A triathlon! I came in last. Seriously, dead last among both men and women. I did it with a friend and I let her go first across the finish line. Damnit.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I cannot remember if I made one. But it was probably to lose weight, because that's what it is every year, and in that case, YES I DID.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
No, unfortunately not.

4. Did anyone close to you die?
No, fortunately not.

5. What countries did you visit?
US only, but plans for others in 2009

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?
VACATION

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Our fab summer party because I love throwing parties and getting all our eclectic friends in one place, Finn's first birthday because he was so HAPPY.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Joining a gym and going regularly

9. What was your biggest failure?
I cannot seem to manage to get pictures framed and up in my house. This really bothers me.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
The usual colds, but nothing else. Never broken a bone, ever.

11. What was the best thing you bought?
Running shoes.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
My husband for starting school and being the most motivated and dedicated I've ever seen him.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
My crazy mom.

14. Where did most of your money go?
Bills - mostly mortgage with credit cards coming up as a close second.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Planning a vacation for January!

16. What song will always remind you of 2008?
John Mayer's live album...and Coldplay "Viva La Vida"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? Thinner
c) richer or poorer? Richer (slightly)

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Days at the pool

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Watched TV

20. How did you spend Christmas?
With my husband, baby boy and (seriously) lovely in-laws.

21. Did you fall in love in 2008?
More every day with my husband (again, seriously, he's a hell of a man)

22. What was your favorite TV program?
Survivor and Lost (same diff, right?)

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I really try to avoid hate, but I am desperately and on a daily basis annoyed with a coworker

24. What was the best book you read?
Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos
25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Regina Spektor

26. What did you want and get?
A remote control for my camera

27. What did you want and not get?
Puma sneakers

28. What was your favorite film of this year?
Paris je Taime

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Birthday 28 - Wow, I seriously cannot remember. What is wrong with me?

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
If I had gotten into size 10 pants

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?
All my clothes are old and baggy. I deserve to be nominated for "What Not to Wear". Please nominate me!!

32. What kept you sane?
My husband, always.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I usually don't - but Brad Pitt in Benjamin Button is hotttttttttttttttttttttt
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Obama is my hero

35. Who did you miss?
My BFF who lives in Cali

36. Who was the best new person you met?
I didn't meet anyone new, but I did connect with an existing coworker who is now my best workout buddy.

37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.
You can only control your own behavior. Don't waste time trying to change other people or wonder why people act the way they do.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

This is how it works
You're young until you're not
You love until you don't
You try until you can't
You laugh until you cry
You cry until you laugh
And everyone must breathe
Until their dying breath

No, this is how it works
You peer inside yourself
You take the things you like
And try to love the things you took
And then you take that love you made
And stick it into someone else's heart
Pumping someone else's blood
And walking arm in arm
You hope it don't get harmed
But even if it does
You'll just do it all again

Regina Spektor, 'On the Radio'

1 comment:

flyabuv said...

Okay I am loving your blog. We seem to have a lot in common. I love the book Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos. So super awesome.