Thursday, January 8, 2009

Waiting game

Last night, Jake and I were in bed and I asked him for the prediction - am I knocked up? "No" he said simply. I was a little surprised at how sure he seemed. I guess we'll see.

In other news, I went shopping yesterday to try to get a few things to bring on vacation. I am still surprised when so many things fit me. When you are used to shopping in the big girl stores for so long, it feel strange to fit in a Target size large. I realized yesterday as I had a huge pile of things I was going to bring to the checkout lane, I didn't even really decide if I truly liked anything. My mentality has always been "if it fits, buy it"....and I don't think I've made the switch that I have the luxury of deciding if I like it.

However, I'm still in a really awkward place with my size. I am fitting into size 12's, but really only have one pair of jeans that look good on me. I know if I could drop another 10 pounds, I would fit nicely into a HUGE stack of 10's that were given to me by a friend. She gave me no less than 15 pairs, so I need to drop this weight so I have some choices! (This is me looking forward to things other than being pregnant, how am I doing here?)

No comments: