Monday, January 5, 2009

Why aren't they called Old Husband Tales?

I went to coffee with an old friend yesterday and she told me that she's been trying to conceive for 9 months with no luck. Just recently a coworker told her to try Robitussin - take a dose 3 times per day the 5 days leading into ovulation. Sounded kinda bunk, but I actually looked it up and it appears to be legit! I guess even fertility docs suggest it to their patients. Verrrrry interesting. Hopefully I won't need it, but you better believe I'll be picking some up if this isn't the month for me! Is that crazy?

Jake and I are going on a cruise with Theo and my mom in 2 weeks. If I do start my period, it will be on the first day of the cruise. Just one more reason I hope I'm pregnant. Jake told me awhile ago that maybe I haven't gotten pregnant until now b/c I would have been sick on the trip. I'm sure hoping he's right.

Is anyone else out there trying to get pregnant and using any unusual methods to increase the odds?

1 comment:

flyabuv said...

I started doing the robitussin thing this month, as well as the low-dose aspirin after ovulation. That is supposed to help thicken your uterine lining. Who knows, but I will try almost anything!